I loooveee Thai flavours, especially Thai Red Curry! These Keto Fish Cakes have the vibrant and warming flavours of thai red curry paste, and by using tinned tuna are a super fast meal for one. You can easily multiply the recipe for larger tins of tuna to serve more people, but they are my ultimate lunch or dinner when I am craving something full of flavour but really quick.
Using Thai red curry paste makes these keto fish cakes burst with flavour and freshness. Combined with a lime mayonnaise for extra fats, you can serve with a simple salad or just on their own. I like to top them with some sliced spring onion and chilli for an extra flavour packed meal.
You could easily use tinned salmon or even chicken, but I love the texture when done with tuna. Make sure you choose an environmentally friendly tuna for an all round feel good meal.
Thai Keto Fish Cakes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander paste optional
Optional, to serve
- Spring onion
- Red chilli
- Salad leaves
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a small bowl, stirring to incorporate evenly.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Put tablespoons of the tuna batter into the pan, flattening slightly to make the cakes.
- Cook for 2 - 4 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise ingredients.
- Serve hot with the lime mayonnaise and optionally top with fresh spring onion and red chilli.