After my Mum started on keto recently, she made a very accurate observation – many keto foods are lacking CRUNCH! I love texture in my food, and one of the things I missed the most was crackers to have on a cheese and dip platter. Anyone who has visited my house knows there will always be cheese and dip, and so keto crackers were a must have recipe.
These crackers are really simple and could be flavoured any way you want, but I love the combination of rosemary and sea salt. I find it just subtle enough to match with most cheese and dips, but you could very easily leave out the rosemary and add in some garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, cumin – whatever you want really! Keep the base recipe the same and you are pretty safe.
I grew up on cheese and crackers so having them back in my life was a big deal. Like, eat a whole batch of 30 crackers big deal. Finally, I had a way to transport the joyous fats on something crispy and tasty, that wasn’t celery!
Tip For Crispy Keto Crackers
The key to getting these keto crackers CRISPY is to spread the flax seeds as thin as possible. This can be a little fiddly, but I’ve found using the back of a spoon to be the best way.
Flax seeds are super healthy for you as well, check out the article here if you’re interested: https://draxe.com/10-flax-seed-benefits-nutrition-facts/
Enjoy these Crispy Keto Crackers
Crispy Keto Crackers
- Combine all ingredients except water in a small bowl, stirring to ensure everything is evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the water and let sit for 15 - 20 minutes until the water is absorbed and the mix takes on a gelatinous texture. You can leave it to sit as long as you want - I've sometimes left it over night with out any issues!
- Tear two sheets of baking paper that will fit in your microwave. Spoon out half tablespoon balls of the seed mix onto the baking paper and spread out to your desired shape. The key is to spread this as thinly as possible without creating holes to get a really crispy cracker.
- Microwave each batch for 2.5 - 3 minutes at 1000W until they smell toasty and are crispy. They will crispy up more upon cooling.
- Work on spreading out one further batch while one is microwaving.
- Serve with your favourite dips, cheeses and antipasto platters