We all know zucchini noodles are not pasta. There’s no fooling anyone, it is definitely zucchini. But you know what? I don’t care, and I like zucchini! This Keto Basil Capsicum pasta dish is really packed with flavour, and could easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken thigh.
It is a simple on pan wonder that gets dinner on the table in around 30 minutes, and is packed full of healthy vegetables. Yes, you could not use zucchini and capsicum and have a mega low carb dish, but I am all about balance and actually eating well, not just eating low carb.
Just my opinion, but I think too many people get caught up eating cheese and meat and forget that we need to nourish our body with nutritious vegetables as well, and this keto capsicum basil pasta is the perfect way to get your veg in.
Pine nuts are always optional as they are really expensive, and you could sub them out for maybe some walnuts or toasted almonds. We all know the difference that amazing pine nut flavour can make in a dish though, and even in a small quantity they have a big impact.
Just look at those expensive little devils, you know this thing is going to be delicious!
SAVE KETO BASIL CAPSICUM “PASTA” TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
Keto Basil and Capsicum Pasta
- 4 chicken thighs optional
- 2 zucchinis spiralised or ribboned with veg peeler
- 1/2 punnet mini roma tomatoes halved
- 1 small red capsicum 2cm dice
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100 grams feta
- 1/5 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F and grease a medium sized baking dish.
- In the baking dish, toss together all ingredients except the zucchini, pine nuts and basil leaves. Spread out evenly with the chicken (if using) on top, and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the dish is baking, make noodles out of your zucchini by using a spiraliser or use a vegetable peeler to create wider ribbons.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small, dry frying pan until just golden and set aside.
- Once the capsicum and chicken is cooked through, toss with the zucchini noodles, pine nuts and fresh basil and serve immediately.