If you’re looking for an easy Keto baked breakfast dish, this is the recipe for you! Save the clean up of a cooked breakfast, and cook it in the oven with this Keto Breakfast Bake recipe.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Breakfast Bake Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Breakfast Bake
You may have noticed I don’t make a lot of breakfast recipes.
I’ve always preferred to eat later in the day, even as kid I avoided eating breakfast but I just wasn’t hungry.
I’ve experimented with lots of different styles of fasting and cover them in my post here.
Weekends are another matter though – bring on an 11am Keto Breakfast Bake any day! Often I’ll have a big brunch like this and then not eat until dinner.
This dish came about from me craving my usual Sunday morning cooked breakfast, but I had just cleaned my black glass splashback to perfect, and didn’t want to get it greasy with bacon and eggs.
Hot tip if you are building or renovating a kitchen – DO NOT use black glass for your splashback. It will look great for approximately 5 minutes a week, immediately after you have cleaned it, and the rest of the time look dusty and greasy.
Ingredients for Keto Breakfast Bake
Here’s what you’ll need as the basic ingredients for the Keto Breakfast Bake, but it’s really flexible! Check the substitutions below for some other ideas.
- bacon rashers
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
As this is a relatively simple dish, it’s important to use the best quality ingredients you can. If you know someone with chickens, make friends with them – nothing beats freshly laid eggs!
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
The ingredients suggested are a ‘base’ very open to your own interpretation and your favourite Keto breakfast flavours!
Here’s some ideas of what you could substitute:
- haloumi instead of feta
- sausage or chorizo instead of bacon
- Use your favourite herbs and spices eg. some smoked paprika would go wonderfully!
- If you’re not a fan of asparagus, maybe some mushrooms or spinach leaves to get extra veg in
The natural juices from the tomato ended up leaving a bit of liquid in the bottom of the tray, which is great for mopping up with your favourite keto bread.
Tips for making Keto Breakfast Bake
Note about difficulty level
- PREHEAT Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F and grease a small baking dish. Chop the asparagus into 3cm long pieces, halve the cherry tomatoes and cut the feta into cubes
- LAY INGREDIENTS Lay the bacon and asparagus in the baking dish and toss with olive oil.
- BAKE Bake for 5 – 7 minutes until starting to crispy up.
- SCATTER OTHER INGREDIENTS Scatter the dish with the cherry tomatoes and feta, then crack the eggs over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- BAKE Bake for a further 15 – 20 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Fridge Store the leftovers of this keto breakfast bake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Always best served fresh though as those eggs won’t stay runny after reheating!
How many carbs in Keto Breakfast Bake?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Keto Breakfast Bake has 13 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fiber per serve, so only 8 gram of net carbs.
SAVE KETO BREAKFAST BAKE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
Keto Nut Bars – No Bake Keto Snacks
A simple base recipe for a quick and easy lunch – cook ahead on the weekend to make preparing lunches a breeze. Eat hot or cold.
Preheat oven to 180C / 356F and grease a casserole dish or baking pan. Usually deeper is better for me, so I like using a dish that is about 10cm x 15cm.
Fry off the bacon until brown, it doesn’t need to get crispy as it goes in the mixture.
Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper. If you are using other spices, add them to this mix.
Stir in the cooked bacon and pour into your prepared baking dish.
Add any additional mix ins to the baking dish and distribute evenly.
Add half of the grated cheese into the mixture and stir to distribute, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until golden brown and set in the centre. Let it cool in the dish and then cut into 6 squares. Wrap in foil to freeze, grab out the night before and lunch is ready to go! Great reheated for lunch or cold.
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!