A weekend cooked breakfast is one of my favourite things. It means we aren’t rushing off to be somewhere, chances are we have slept in and have the whole day ahead of us. After a bit of time on keto you can get sick of plain old bacon and eggs (who would’ve thought you could get sick of bacon and eggs??) but it does happen. This is why I decided to mix it up a bit with a Keto Breakfast Frittata.
A quick and simple dish, the key to success is using an oven safe, non-stick skillet or frying pan. You can use cast iron but good luck getting a slice out in one piece! This filling frittata feeds 4, or 2 with leftovers for lunch or breakfast the next day.
Keto Breakfast Frittata
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F. In an oven proof, non-stick frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat and add the diced onion. Fry until just starting to brown, then add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add the baby spinach and stir through until wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley flakes and half the grated cheese.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and pour the egg mixture over the top of the cooked bacon. Ensure the egg gets to the bottom of the frying pan.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes on top of the frittata and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
- Place in the hot oven and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked through. Serve cut into 4 pieces with some keto friendly bread or on its own.