This post is for all the brussel sprout haters out there. Roasted brussel sprouts are pretty good on their own, but when you make them KETO Brussel sprouts, they are next level and even those who insist they hate them might give them a chance.
I think most of us hate brussel sprouts if we were ever served boiled, mushy, flavourless ones as a kid and forced to eat them. Blerk! Yuck! Can’t blame you. Push those memories away and enjoy these crispy, caramelised and bacon covered delights instead.
Brussel Sprouts are higher in carbs than some other vegetables but are highly nutritious and well worth including in your keto diet if you have the macros room for them.
Keto Brussel Sprouts
Toss together and bake - it's as simple as that to prepare this super delicious and fat fuelled side dish to any meat.
- 400 grams brussel sprouts, halved, outer leaves removed
- 150 grams bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C / 428F and grease a baking tray.
- Prepare the bacon and brussel sprouts as above. Toss with the maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper and spread out over the baking tray.
- Roast for 45 minutes, stirring halfway.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
[…] Download ImageMore @ aussieketoqueen.com […]