The cold weather has arrived! I am really not enjoying it so far, but there is one bonus: SOUP! Soup is perfect for those blustery depressing Melbourne winter days and makes a great lunch to reheat the next day. This Keto Cauliflower Soup with Bacon reheats beautifully and can be frozen as well – make a big batch and enjoy it all week! With only 6 ingredients and ready in 15 minutes, there’s so much to love about it.
A few days ago, I was madly racing from place to place for work and needed to stop quickly for lunch. I found a little cafe and ordered a cauliflower soup, hoping it would be keto friendly! Well, was I disappointed. It was likely keto friendly but it was bland, watery and just awful. This is pretty surprising given Melbourne’s cafe game is so strong – pretty much anywhere these days will serve you a delicious meal and great coffee, so I don’t know what the deal was at this place!
I won’t name and shame but maybe I can subtly send them the recipe for this Keto Cauliflower Soup with Bacon so they can up their flavour game…
Can someone please open a Keto cafe in Melbourne? I promise I’ll visit all the time!
** Note this recipe is higher in carbs and very high in calories – check your macros before proceeding! I love this as a fast day dinner**
Keto Cauliflower Soup with Bacon
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets and steam in the microwave. I use a large microwave safe container and cook for 6 - 7 minutes until fork soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and bacon and saute for 4 - 5 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Reserve 1/4 of the cooked bacon mixture, and add the remaining bacon and onion to a food processor. Add the cauliflower and cream and blend until the consistency is to your liking.
- Depending on the size of your cauliflower and your consistency preference, you may need between 2 1/2 - 3 cups of cream.
- Return to the saucepan and warm over medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with the reserved cooking bacon and onion and freshly cracked pepper.