A super quick and simple dish, these keto chicken kebabs are the perfect meal for a warm night or for a BBQ. Marinate ahead for maximum flavour, but these can also be marinated for a short amount of time if you are in a rush.
I buy my halloumi from a local deli and the quality is always much higher than at the supermarkets. I have tried supermarket halloumi before and it cracked, so if you only have access to the supermarket stuff, I would suggest letting it come to room temperature before skewering it to help with the cracking.
Lastly, if you are using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes as this stops the wood burning while you are cooking it.
Pair this with my Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad for a complete, nutritious and keto friendly meal.
Keto Chicken and Halloumi Kebabs with Tzatziki
- 500 grams chicken breast cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 200 grams halloumi cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 yellow capsicum cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Prepare the chicken, halloumi and capsicum by cutting into approximately 1.5cm cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the marinade ingredients and whisk to combine. Put the cut chicken, halloumi and capsicum in the marinade and stir to combine thoroughly. Marinate up to 30 - 45 minutes, or cook straight away.
- Skewer the chicken, halloumi and capsicum evenly across the 8 skewers. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Fry the kebabs on each side, turning regularly, until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tzatziki by coming all ingredients and serving with a splash more olive oil on top.
- Serve the kebabs with tzatziki and lemon wedges, and a greek salad on the side.