Keto Coconut Rice – The Perfect Keto Side Dish
Once you start investigating keto recipes, you quickly discover that cauliflower is king! I use cauliflower rice for just about any side dish, but obviously it goes particularly well with curries. I developed this Keto Coconut Rice to accompany my Keto Butter Chicken recipe, to help balance the heat. Alongside my Keto Garlic Naan bread, these three recipes combined create an amazing Indian feast.
While a little bit more effort than a quick weeknight meal, the end result is well worth it.
This is also a higher carb dish than most of my other recipes overall, so watch your serving sides or have this on a day where your carbs have been low for the rest of the day.
One awesome thing about Coconut Oil though is all the health benefits. A lot of people on Keto start to experience hair loss, but did you know Coconut oil can also help prevent hair loss?
I also think it would pair really well with a Thai curry or salad, or just about anything you like really!
Keto Coconut Rice
A quick side dish to prepare, perfect with curries.
- 1/4 Head cauliflower, riced (ie. grated or food processed)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, (I use Ayam brand in Australia)
- Rice the cauliflower either in your food processor, or grate it to resemble rice
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the riced cauliflower and fry for 1 - 2 minutes until the oil is absorbed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the coconut milk is completely absorbed and the cauliflower is tender to your liking. I like mine 'aldente', with a bit of texture. If you simmer it too long, it can become gluggy so check it every minute or so after 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gProtein: 1g
Thank you Nancy!