This Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken Bake makes the most of the one tray bake. Keto one tray bakes are the king of weeknight meals and make life SO much easier! This has been one of my favourite recipes that I come back to again and again, year after year. Who doesn’t love rich, creamy mustard sauce, crispy cauliflower and a one pot clean up?
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake?
There’s nothing better than getting home from work or a busy day, loading everything up into one tray and then dishing up dinner.
This is my go to, can’t be bothered kind of easy Keto weeknight meal.
One tray, one knife, one chopping board and your utensils and off you go.
All in one pan, in the oven, super easy clean up and a tasty family friendly meal!
Now that is a Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken WIN in my house.
When cauliflower is baked until it starts to get a little charred, it really goes next level.
It takes on this different sort of nutty flavour that has seen baked cauliflower hit the menus of some of the top restaurants.
Ingredients for Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake
A Keto Creamy Mustard sauce is smothered all over this delicious and kid friendly Keto meal. The whole family will love it, and there’s no complicated ingredients or cooking techniques!
You will need:
- Green beans
- Chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Heavy cream
- Seeded mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic paste
- Dried thyme
Featuring your favourites;
- Succulent Chicken Thighs, lightly browned on top
- Crispy roasted cauliflower with chewy end bits
- Tender-crisp green beans soaking up all that delicious creamy sauce
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
Once you’ve got your creamy mustard Keto sauce, you can really play around with the other ingredients to your liking.
Here’s some suggestions and different things I’ve tried in the past to mix up this Keto one tray bake for dinner.
Chicken Thighs: If you don’t like chicken thigh you could use breast but will have to watch them carefully as they dry out very quickly. I suggest using a meat thermometer. Pork also goes really well with creamy mustard sauces, and a fatty chop or loin would work perfectly.
Cauliflower and beans: I’ve made this with just about any Keto veg that’s been sitting in my fridge. While I always go back to the cauliflower and beans combo, I’ve also used broccoli, zucchini (a bit more watery but still yum!), pumpkin (higher carb but ok in moderation) and even thrown in some potatoes for the family.
Tips for making Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake
All in one tray, in the oven and bam you’ve got a delicious keto friendly dinner loaded with veg!
- PREHEAT AND GREASE Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F. Grease a large casserole dish with butter or oil.
- CUT AND TRIM Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place along one side of the dish. Trim the green beans and lay them along the other side.
- LAY AND POSITION Lay the chicken thigh fillets down the centre, with larger fillets on the edges to help with even cooking.
- DRIZZLE AND BAKE Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- WHISK Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- POUR THE SAUCE After 20 minutes, pour the mustard cream sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- BAKE AGAIN Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
This dish captures that crispy edged cauliflower joy, but also the perfect combination of cauliflower and cream.
Yep this is a winner chicken dinner ready in 40 minutes!
- Fridge : Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake is best made fresh but if you have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Freezer: You can freeze the chicken but since the it has a creamy sauce it might separate when re-heating. Although it’s safe to eat and still tastes amazing, the cream texture wont be as creamy and smooth so I won’t recommend freezing it.
How many carbs in Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Recipe Name has 9 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber per serve, so only 6 gram of net carbs.
SAVE KETO KETO CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN ONE TRAY BAKE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
If you are looking for more one tray bakes for dinner, search for “One Tray” in the search bar up the top!
You might guess I love a one tray bake, hey?
What’s your favourite Keto one tray bake? Comment below.
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 150 grams green beans, ends trimmed
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F. Grease a large casserole dish with butter or oil.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place along one side of the dish. Trim the green beans and lay them along the other side.
- Lay the chicken thigh fillets down the centre, with larger fillets on the edges to help with even cooking.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- After 20 minutes, pour the mustard cream sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 709Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 22gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1177mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 31g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!