This Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken Bake makes the most of the one tray bake. Keto one tray bakes are the king of weeknight meals and make life SO much easier! This has been one of my favourite recipes that I come back to again and again, year after year. Who doesn’t love rich, creamy mustard sauce, crispy cauliflower and a one pot clean up?
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake?
There’s nothing better than getting home from work or a busy day, loading everything up into one tray and then dishing up dinner.
This is my go to, can’t be bothered kind of easy Keto weeknight meal.
One tray, one knife, one chopping board and your utensils and off you go.
All in one pan, in the oven, super easy clean up and a tasty family friendly meal!
Now that is a Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken WIN in my house.
When cauliflower is baked until it starts to get a little charred, it really goes next level.
It takes on this different sort of nutty flavour that has seen baked cauliflower hit the menus of some of the top restaurants.
Ingredients for Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake
A Keto Creamy Mustard sauce is smothered all over this delicious and kid friendly Keto meal. The whole family will love it, and there’s no complicated ingredients or cooking techniques!
You will need:
- Green beans
- Chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Heavy cream
- Seeded mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic paste
- Dried thyme
Featuring your favourites;
- Succulent Chicken Thighs, lightly browned on top
- Crispy roasted cauliflower with chewy end bits
- Tender-crisp green beans soaking up all that delicious creamy sauce
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
Once you’ve got your creamy mustard Keto sauce, you can really play around with the other ingredients to your liking.
Here’s some suggestions and different things I’ve tried in the past to mix up this Keto one tray bake for dinner.
Chicken Thighs: If you don’t like chicken thigh you could use breast but will have to watch them carefully as they dry out very quickly. I suggest using a meat thermometer. Pork also goes really well with creamy mustard sauces, and a fatty chop or loin would work perfectly.
Cauliflower and beans: I’ve made this with just about any Keto veg that’s been sitting in my fridge. While I always go back to the cauliflower and beans combo, I’ve also used broccoli, zucchini (a bit more watery but still yum!), pumpkin (higher carb but ok in moderation) and even thrown in some potatoes for the family.
Tips for making Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake
All in one tray, in the oven and bam you’ve got a delicious keto friendly dinner loaded with veg!
- PREHEAT AND GREASE Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F. Grease a large casserole dish with butter or oil.
- CUT AND TRIM Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place along one side of the dish. Trim the green beans and lay them along the other side.
- LAY AND POSITION Lay the chicken thigh fillets down the centre, with larger fillets on the edges to help with even cooking.
- DRIZZLE AND BAKE Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- WHISK Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- POUR THE SAUCE After 20 minutes, pour the mustard cream sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- BAKE AGAIN Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
This dish captures that crispy edged cauliflower joy, but also the perfect combination of cauliflower and cream.
Yep this is a winner chicken dinner ready in 40 minutes!
- Fridge : Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake is best made fresh but if you have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Freezer: You can freeze the chicken but since the it has a creamy sauce it might separate when re-heating. Although it’s safe to eat and still tastes amazing, the cream texture wont be as creamy and smooth so I won’t recommend freezing it.
How many carbs in Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Recipe Name has 9 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber per serve, so only 6 gram of net carbs.
SAVE KETO KETO CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN ONE TRAY BAKE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
If you are looking for more one tray bakes for dinner, search for “One Tray” in the search bar up the top!
You might guess I love a one tray bake, hey?
What’s your favourite Keto one tray bake? Comment below.
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
Keto Paprika Chicken Thigh Bake
Keto Pork Meatballs with Halloumi
Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake
All in one tray, in the oven and bam you've got a delicious keto friendly dinner loaded with veg!
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 150 grams green beans, ends trimmed
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F. Grease a large casserole dish with butter or oil.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place along one side of the dish. Trim the green beans and lay them along the other side.
- Lay the chicken thigh fillets down the centre, with larger fillets on the edges to help with even cooking.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- After 20 minutes, pour the mustard cream sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 709Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 22gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1177mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 31g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!
Lemon jelly roll is something I love. Is it possible to keto it? Also a question for you. Someone told me it is not good for a person’s colon to get eating dishes with high psillium content. Do you have any info on that? Really like your site, am new to keto, just into it 18 days. Thanks, Dorothy
Hi Dorothy, I’ll have a look into Lemon Jelly Roll! I don’t think I’ve ever had it.
I haven’t heard about psyllium affecting the colon but I will investigate this further as well.
Absolutely delicious. My partner loved this dish.
This is amazing, delicious, fantastic. Thank you!
Question, silly me….what is seeded mustard?
Also known as wholegrain mustard – the one where you can see the seeds 🙂
This is delicious! So simple, but full of flavour. Can’t wait to make it again.
Let’s talk about FLAVOUR! Absolutely yum!
I absolutely loved this recipe! I changed out the asparagus for broccoli and it still tasted awesome! Will be making again:))
Yep. This is a winner!
Glad you enjoyed it! You might also like this recipe: https://aussieketoqueen.com/keto-mustard-chicken-rosemary/ you can use thighs as well but it’s a great way to use the leaner chicken breasts and get your fats in the sauce.
Just wondering if the number of thigh fillets is correct. The ingredient list says 6 fillets but the recipe serves 4.
Hi Greg! The macros are counted on 6 thigh fillets to share between 4 people. I generally find 1 1/2 is enough for me, and my husband will have 2 1/2 as he has higher protein needs than me. You can always increase the thighs if you want as well 🙂
Delicious! I added a little butter before first 20minutes and prepared mustard instead of ground… Also used frozen cauliflower and canned green beans…making this again for sure!
Again, just bloody amazing! I did a squeeze of lemon over the top at the end just to lift the heaviness of the cream. Soooo many amazing recjpes, flavour flavour n easy, thanks so much !!
Great idea with the lemon!
This recipe was delicious. I love the browned cauliflower and so did my 8 year old daughter. Will definitely make this again.
Thank you for sharing
This is a great recipe and on high rotation in my household. Tonight I’m serving the chicken with coleslaw and everything came from Aldi so that’s a bonus too.
Bone in or out chicken thighs? Could you use either?
hi Steph! I use bone out chicken thighs. I think it would work with bone in as well, you’d probably need to cook it 10 – 15 minutes longer to ensure it cooks through though.
Easy peasy and yummy – thank you!!
So glad you loved it Zoe! This is a go-to favourite in my house, a great way to get dinner on the table quickly.
[…] Keto Creamy Mustard Chicken One Tray Bake […]
Seriously amaaaaazing! I make this every ten days or so.. I used fresh thyme tonight instead of dried thyme and it was more subtle.. I’m a bit of a heavy handed Harriet with the jar!
This is such a great dish! I use baby carrots sometimes because I like having another color. It’s the quickest and easiest meal to do.. and it is delicious!
Thank you so much Karen! I love this dish too, but its been a while since I’ve had it. You’ve inspired me to bring it back into the rotation and get some fresh thyme in there too 🙂
This is one of my “go to” dishes, so easy to prepare and so tasty. After using this dish in high rotation for a few years, I thought I should leave a positive review :)Thank you!
Thank you for taking the time Julie, and you’ve just reminded me to leave some reviews on recipes I use time and time again as well 🙂