Having a simple, creamy Keto chicken dish in your repertoire for weeknight meals is essential in my view! You have this quick weeknight Keto meal on the table in a flash, and since you’ve got that bottle of wine open already, cheers to your Keto success. Unlike many other Keto creamy chicken dishes, this one isn’t too heavy and gets a healthy dose of veggies in with the added mushrooms and serving with zucchini noodles.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Creamy White Wine Chicken Zoodles Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Creamy White Wine Chicken Zoodles?
Every keto eater needs a zoodle maker, to turn the simple zucchini into quick and easy zoodles!
We aren’t fooling anyone that Keto zoodles don’t taste like pasta, but they are easy, quick and a simple way to bulk out Keto meals like simple chicken dishes.
I’ve seen some fancy spiralisers recently that can spiralise even more vegetables like carrots, but zucchinis are always best for the Keto carb count.
Ingredients for Keto Creamy White Wine Chicken Zoodles
You will need:
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
This is a versatile and easy Keto dish, that you can change up to your tastes.
If you don’t like mushrooms, you can leave them out or substitute for some yummy roasted eggplant.
The zucchini noodles can be substituted for the magical Keto noodles known as Shirataki noodles. I don’t love the texture of these noodles so usually have them more in crunchy Keto stir fry.
If you decide to use Shirataki noodles, make sure you rinse them well (they have a weird fishy smell).
I then fry off my Shirataki noodles in a dry pan until they are ‘squeaky’ – you’ll know what I mean when they start squeaking when you move them around your frying pan! I find this helps make them less rubbery, and soak up sauce better.
You could also use Chicken thigh if you wanted to reduce the calories, just make sure you don’t overcook it so it doesn’t end up dry.
Lastly, the bacon could be left out, but I love the carbonara like flavour it adds to this easy, comforting Keto dinner.
Tips for making Keto Creamy White Wine Chicken Zoodles
- SAUTE In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onion until translucent.
- ADD INGREDIENTS Add the bacon and mushrooms and saute for 4 – 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- CONTINUE COOKING Add the chicken and garlic and continue cooking until lightly browned.
- SIMMER Add the white wine and simmer for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pan for any stuck bits of bacon or chicken.
- POUR OTHER INGREDIENTS Pour in the cream, then add the chilli, salt and pepper.
- SIMMER Simmer on low for 12 – 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, and spiralise your zucchini in the meantime.
- SERVE Taste for salt and pepper, then serve over zoodles
- Keto Creamy Chicken Zoodles stores well in the fridge for 2 – 3 days, like any other cream and chicken based recipe. Don’t add the zoodles if you are saving it for later, just make up the chicken part and add fresh zoodles.
- You can freeze the cooked Chicken and cream for up to 3 months. Add fresh zoodles after defrosting. Cream based Keto sauces can sometimes separate when frozen and reheated so just give it a good stir, it will still taste delicious!
How many carbs in Keto Creamy White Wine Chicken Zoodles?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Keto Creamy White Wine Chicken Zoodles has 11 grams of carbs and 1 grams of fiber per serve, so only 10 grams of net carbs.
It also makes a great work lunch, just re-heat and add your zoodles.
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the bacon and mushrooms and saute for 4 - 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the chicken and garlic and continue cooking until lightly browned.
- Add the white wine and simmer for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pan for any stuck bits of bacon or chicken.
- Pour in the cream, then add the chilli, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low for 12 - 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, and spiralise your zucchini in the meantime.
- Taste for salt and pepper, then serve over zoodles. You can also add your zoodles to the frying pan and saute for 2 - 3 minutes if you prefer them softer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 990Total Fat: 85gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 50gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 1125mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 36g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!
- What is Keto?
- What Can I eat on Keto?
- How Much Should I Eat on Keto?
- What To Expect On Keto
- Ketogenic 21 Day Meal Plans
- Preparing for the Ketogenic Diet EBook
- Understanding Net Carbs and Total Carbs