This tasty and simple Keto Halloumi Salad with cauliflower is a simple and quick salad that is substantial enough to be a meal on its own.
I love halloumi cheese in a salad, especially when it is served warm like in this Keto Halloumi Salad. The cheese has a firm texture that is delicious when grilled, making this a great vegetarian keto option as well.
I like to serve my Keto Halloumi Salad with steamed cauliflower tossed in butter until just golden, but you could also oven bake the cauliflower.
I also toss the warm ingredients through baby spinach leaves to get some extra greens in. You could also use rocket/arugula or your other favourite salad leaves in this Keto Halloumi Salad.
If you’re looking for other ways to enjoy Halloumi, why not try;
Keto Halloumi Salad with Cauliflower
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 180 grams halloumi cheese cubed
- 2 rashers bacon diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and steam in the microwave for 6 - 7 minutes until tender. Drain then set aside uncovered to dry.
- In a large frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the bacon until crispy and push to one side.
- Add the cubed halloumi and continue frying until the halloumi is golden on all sides.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry for 2 - 3 minutes until the cauliflower starts to brown slightly.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 3 - 5 minutes to cool slightly. Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss the halloumi, bacon and cauliflower through the baby spinach leaves and drizzle with the dressing to serve.
SAVE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER