This delicious Keto Moroccan Cauliflower Salad is a substantial salad which can go perfectly with roasted or home cooked chicken breast or really any Keto protein of your choice! The roasted cauliflower goes crispy on the edges and uses warm middle eastern spices to add a unique twist to an easy salad recipe.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Moroccan Cauliflower Salad Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Moroccan Cauliflower Salad?
We all get tired of the same keto salads if you’ve been eating Keto for a while.
I have been experimenting with more Middle Eastern flavours and spices, and what better way to get more veggies in than to make them delicious!
This Keto Moroccan Cauliflower Salad uses the warming spices of cumin, coriander and turmeric to roast the cauliflower and combines a fresh and tangy yoghurt dressing to lighten the whole salad.
It has a depth of flavour with a fresh zing, perfect to accompany a simple protein like steak or fish, or your favourite BBQ. I’ve eaten the leftovers of this Keto Salad for lunches the next day and it’s just as yum!
Ingredients for Moroccan Cauliflower Salad
You will need:
- salad leaves
- parsley leaves
- greek yoghurt
- garlic paste
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
The ingredients for this Keto salad might look on the longer side but most are simple and standard pantry ingredients.
You could swap out or skip the almonds if you eat a nut free Keto diet. The spices are pretty essential to get the deep roasted flavour, but I’ve also done this with smoked paprika on the cauliflower instead and it’s also really delicious!
If you needed to reduce the cost down, you could skip on the fresh parsley and lime.
Tips for making Moroccan Cauliflower Salad
- HEAT Heat the oven to 150C and scatter the almonds on a baking tray. Bake for 5 – 6 mins until golden and set aside.
- CUT AND TOSS Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss with the spices and 2 tsp oil.
- PREP Turn the oven up to 230C. Spread the spiced cauliflower on the baking tray.
- BAKE Bake for 15 – 20 mins until lightly charred on the edges. Set aside to cool
- TOSS When ready to serve, toss the baked cauliflower, salad leaves and parsley. Whisk the dressing ingredients and drizzle over, then top with flaked almonds.
- DRIZZLE Finally, finish with a final drizzle of 1tsp olive oil.
- Fridge : It can be stored in the fridge until needed, keeping the roasted cauliflower and almonds separate from the salad leaves to avoid them wilting. Then just combine when you are ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
How many carbs in Moroccan Cauliflower Salad?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Moroccan Cauliflower Salad has 8 grams of carbs with 5 grams of fiber, so net carbs are 3 grams per serve. This is based on the nutrition panel which is for 4 side serves, so if you were having this as a main dish (i.e two serves from these ingredients) you can double the macros.
SAVE KETO MOROCCAN CAULIFLOWER TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
- ¼ kg cauliflower, head
- 4 tbsp almonds, flaked
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp oil
- 3 cups salad leaves, mixed
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, loose
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 pc lime, juiced
- Heat the oven to 150C and scatter the almonds on a baking tray. Bake for 5 - 6 mins until golden and set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss with the spices and 2 tsp oil.
- Turn the oven up to 230C. Spread the spiced cauliflower on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins until lightly charred on the edges. Set aside to cool
- When ready to serve, toss the baked cauliflower, salad leaves and parsley. Whisk the dressing ingredients and drizzle over, then top with flaked almonds.
- Finally, finish with a final drizzle of 1tsp olive oil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!
- What is Keto?
- What Can I eat on Keto?
- How Much Should I Eat on Keto?
- What To Expect On Keto
- Ketogenic 21 Day Meal Plans
- Preparing for the Ketogenic Diet EBook
- Understanding Net Carbs and Total Carbs