If you haven’t already become hooked on podcasts, get cracking! They are an amazing source of information and entertainment and there is a podcast for just about anything you can think of. This recipe uses the best keto pizza base I have found, and I discovered it through a podcast – who would’ve thought?
I found 2KetoDudes through podcasts and have followed their journey for a while now. They love the detail of keto, which satisfies my thirst for knowledge and evidence! The original recipe is here, called Carl’s Head Pizza as it is Carl’s version of Fat Head pizza (also very popular).
I’ve slightly tweaked the recipe that made it a little easier for me to understand. I’ve included 2 topping suggestions here, but obviously the world is your oyster once you’ve got a pizza base so go crazy with experimentation.
I use my Sugar Free Tomato Sauce as the sauce base for these pizzas and it adds a great complexity of flavour compared to using say tomato paste. Give it a go, you won’t regret it!
Pizza #1 – Prosciutto & Camembert
Keto Pizza - Prosciutto & Camembert
Have all of your ingredients measured and ready - this comes together quickly!
Best prepared with a pizza stone.
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour, the finer the better
- 2 tablespoons Sugar free ketchup/sauce, see recipe above
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 small semi sun-dried tomatoes
- 75 grams camembert
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- 6 Basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 250C / 482F and place a pizza stone or large baking tray in the middle rack.
- Place mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir quickly to combine. If it isn't quite sticking together, microwave for another 10 seconds at a time.
- Add the almond flour, and using your hands, combine thoroughly. It will continue to absorb the almond flour as you work it more. Knead it in the bowl until a uniform dough is achieved.
- Roll out between two pieces of baking paper to your desired shape. Generally about 3mm thick is best.
- Place in the hot oven using the baking paper on the bottom. Cook for 3 minutes until edges are brown and it has puffed up.
- Remove from oven, flip onto the second piece baking paper.
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, salt and pepper, garlic and oregano. Spread over the base of the pizza and place the remaining toppings evenly. Not too thick - less is more!
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 5 - 8 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 619mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
I am wondering what the serving size is? It the entire pizza with toppings 6carbs? Please advise. Thanks.
Hi Baxter! The macros are calculated per piece if it was divided up into 6 pieces. It’s a calorie dense meal so its always best to serve with a side salad to get some greens in!