This Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad is a really heavenly Keto salad, bound to impress whoever you put it in front of.
The sweetness from the pumpkin really compliments the savoury flavours coming from the olives, feta and oregano dressing, so is a match made in heaven! A perfect make ahead Keto lunch or great side to a dinner.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad?
With the last of the roast pumpkin I made a few days ago, I put together this simple yet hearty keto salad to pair alongside my latest recipe, Greek Keto Chicken Kebabs.
You might be wondering, is pumpkin Keto?
Well, you can eat Pumpkin on Keto, as long as your portion size isn’t huge.
Using pumpkin in a salad like this and pairing with a main dish of protein and fats, it helps balance it out.
Pumpkin is also high in fiber which helps reduce the net carbs down and makes it more manageable on a Keto diet.
I eat pumpkin about once a fortnight in my keto diet – either in a salad like this or a bit on the side of a sunday roast dinner to keep pumpkin in my Keto diet.
One cup of cooked pumpkin has about 9 grams net carbs, but really you’d be having around 1/4 – 1/3 of cooked pumpkin per serve so you see it’s very manageable to include pumpkin in a keto diet.
Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad
You will need:
- Spinach leaves
- Pumpkin seeds
- Kalamata olives
- Olive oil
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
You can really mix up this salad to your preference. Some suggestions depending on what you like:
- change out the herbs in the dressing to your favourites
- Leave out the olives if you aren’t a fan
- You can use baby spinach or any other salad leaf you have on hand
Tips for making Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad
If you’re looking for a simple Keto salad, this one is easy and would only take 10 minutes to prepare once you’ve got your pumpkin roasted.
- Roast the pumpkin
- Combine all ingredients except the dressing and toss to lightly combine.
- Whisk the dressing toss with the salad when ready to serve.
- Fridge : It can be stored in the fridge until needed and then whisk olive oil when ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
How many carbs in Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Keto Pumpkin and Feta Salad has 8 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber per serve, so only 5 gram of net carbs.
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
- 200 grams baby spinach leaves
- 150 grams pumpkin, cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 100 grams feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 10-12 kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray.
- Toss the cubed pumpkin with a little olive oil and paprika.
- Roast for 30 minutes then set aside until ready to serve.
- Prepare the remaining salad ingredients except for the dressing and toss together in a large bowl with the roasted pumpkin.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients and taste for salt and pepper and more lemon. Drizzle over the combined salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 516mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!