Keto Salads are SO much more exciting than plain old ‘low fat’ salads of days gone past! Salad used to be the lunch time friend of those trying to lose weight, but it would usually be some boring lettuce, low fat salad dressing (loaded with sugar) and a Diet Coke on the side- YUCK! Keto Salads are a great way to get in some extra fats and are so satisfying, you won’t even begrudge the fact you are eating salad.
By loading keto salads with spicy chorizo, feta and roasted capsicum, plus with the added fats of a simple olive oil dressing, this is one keto loving salad.
I serve this salad with just about anything, especially a simple steak, some lamb cutlets, salmon or just on its own. My favourite pairing is with my Keto Lamb Cutlets with Harissa Seasoning and Tzatziki.
If you are roasting the capsicum yourself rather than buying it, roast a couple of extra capsicums and make my Keto Roast Capsicum & Feta Dip!
Keto Salad - Capsicum & Chorizo
- 2 Red capsicums Or use store bought roasted capsicum strips
- 100 grams Feta
- 1 Chorizo sausage
- 100 grams Rocket
- If you are roasting your own capsicum, preheat the oven to 200C / 392F. Remove the stem and seeds and cut the capsicums into quarters. Lay on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 30 - 35 minutes until charred.
- Put into a heatproof bowl and cover with cling wrap until cool enough to handle. This helps sweat the skin off.
- While the capsicum is cooling, slice the chorizo sausage lengthways and then into small slices. Fry in a non-stick frying pan over medium - high heat until lightly crispy, then set aside to cool.
- Once the capsicum is cooled, remove the skin and cut into small strips.
- Combine the sliced capsicum, cooled chorizo, feta and rocket. When ready to serve, whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss gently.