I am all about one pan/dish dinners at the moment! I’m not sure why, but the thought of dishes is turning me off cooking. It might be since we moved into an apartment recently – although the kitchen is bigger, there is only a single sink and a drawer dishwasher, so about half the washing up capacity I used to have. I’m not complaining – my bench space has tripled, but my dishes ability is much lower! Never fear, because this Keto Sausage Feta bake takes literally one dish, one bowl, one chopping board and one knife.
Who doesn’t love a weeknight meal where you gather your ingredients, chop them up, put them in a pan and then have a glass of wine while everything cooks? No simmering, turning, changing temperatures, etc etc. Less steps = more wine time. By the way, isn’t a diet that allows red wine just the best?
Using the best quality sausages you can get is really key for the Keto Sausage Feta Bake. I found these little beauties at a butcher shop and checked the label – just meat, spices and casings. Win! So many sausages have fillers that push up their carb count, so check those labels and don’t be afraid to ask what’s in them. These were ‘italian’ sausages so had a few spices going on, but you could use whatever flavour you get your hands on.
This simple dish would also be great served with a tasty salad for even more fats, such as my Keto Potato Salad with Crispy Bacon
Keto Sausage Feta Bake
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 190C / 374F.
- In a large casserole/baking dish, layer the capsicum on the bottom, followed by olives (if using).
- Spread the torn kale leaves over the top.
- Cut the sausages into 2cm long chunks and place evenly over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the passata, chilli, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano and pour over the sausage and vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Crumble the feta on top and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until sausages are cooking through and serve immediately.