Keto strawberry jam is a must-have recipe up the sleeve of every keto baker. It is not too sweet with natural strawberry flavour and a bright squeeze of lemon. Dial up the sweetness to your preference.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Strawberry Jam Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Strawberry Jam?
Chia seeds are a little natural miracle and this Keto Strawberry Jam recipe shows how handy they can be.
Once exposed to moisture, they quickly become gelatinous and have a wonderful texture, commonly used in breakfast puddings and all sorts of interesting things.
Here, their natural stickiness becomes a delicious Keto Strawberry Jam.
Ingredients for Keto Strawberry Jam
This simple jam uses all easy to get ingredients!
- chia seeds
- lemon juice
- Xylitol or preferred sweetener
Below are some tips on substitutions for each ingredient to help you get this jam ready together in a flash.
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
Strawberries: Substitute for whatever berry you have available! I’ve tried this with frozen berries and it’s just as great. It can be a little more watery when using frozen berries, so you may need slightly more chia seeds. I’ve made this with blackberries, blueberries and even mixed berries before with sensational results.
Chia seeds: black or white chia seeds act the same, but I like to use black just because it mimics the look of the strawberry seeds. When I’m organised and do an order from iherb.com, I use Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds.
Vanilla: Essence, beans or paste all work well. Sometimes the store bought essence is packed with sugar though, so just keep an eye on the labels. You only need a little bit of it to go a long way. Vanilla is expensive, but it is worth every penny. I use Madagascar Vanilla.
Xylitol: I use xylitol as my preferred sweetener. It doesn’t have any after taste or that weird ‘cooling’ effect some of the other sweeteners do. It also acts the most like sugar and can be caramelised. Beware it is toxic to dogs though! I always have this bag of Xylitol in my pantry.
Tips for making Keto Strawberry Jam
This jam is super easy, but here’s some quick tips to make it perfect for you.
- Not everyone loves the texture of chia seeds. For those people, I’d suggest blending them up and see how it goes! For me, because you are using fresh strawberries to make this Keto jam, I just pretend the chia seeds are extra strawberry seeds. Mind you, I can convince myself to eat just about anything (except licorice)
- Add a splash of vanilla to your whipped cream too for even more deliciousness when making my Keto Scones!
- This is ready in just 5 minutes but thickens further after being chilled in the fridge. If you think it’s a little runny still I’d suggest letting it cool before you add more chia seeds, as it will thicken further when it has been in the fridge for a bit.
Fridge: I keep this jam in the fridge in a sealed jar. It is usually gobbled up within a week or so and the strawberries have seemed fine for that long!
Freezer: I haven’t actually tried freezing this recipe, it would likely get a little icy though. If anyone tries it, let me know in the comments below!
How to use Keto Strawberry Jam
This jam goes perfectly with my Keto Scones recipe.
I also have this jam regularly combined with some tasty Greek Yoghurt and my Keto Granola. Breakfast is sorted!
Once I made this easy Keto Jam, my mind started thinking what else Jam is used for – and of course I had to make some Keto Lamingtons
How many carbs in Keto Strawberry Jam?
This recipe makes about 10 – 12 tablespoons of Jam. Each tablespoon has about 1 gram of carbs.
KETO STRAWBERRY JAM TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
Similar Recipes you might like
If you’re looking for a quick, sweet treat on the Keto diet, these recipes will scratch the itch!
Keto Strawberry Chia Puddings – great as dessert or breakfast, using fresh strawberries makes this fresh but decadent at the same time.
Keto Bliss balls with lemon and coconut are the perfect sweet tooth satisfier!
Once you’ve made the jam, you have to give these Keto Lamingtons a go! A little bit of work but totally worth it if you’ve got that lamington craving.
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Xylitol
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence or paste, optional
- In a small saucepan, put the strawberries, xylitol and vanilla if using over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking down the strawberries with your spoon.
- Remove from heat once the strawberries are to your liking - you can leave them a little chunkier, or break them down completely.
- Stir in the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Check the thickness, and if necessary add another 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. It will thicken a little further upon refrigeration.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5Unsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 1g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!