These delicious little Keto Vietnamese Chicken balls are jam packed full of flavour! Paired with a crispy, fresh salad and dressing and you have one tangy, sweet and sour dinner that is sure to please anyone who loves Asian flavours.
The list of ingredients is on the longer side, but most are basics you will have in the pantry if you enjoy cooking with Asian flavours.
I use coriander twice in this recipe, once in the Keto Vietnamese Chicken meatballs, and again in the salad. If you don’t like coriander you are missing out, but I get it. There’s not really anything you could substitute it for, but you could try Thai basil instead.
You can oven bake or fry these Keto Vietnamese Chicken meatballs. Oven baking is simpler and they stay nice and moist, but frying gives them a crispy outer. I prefer oven baking as it gives you time to get your salad and dressing ready.
If you’ve spent any time on my website, you know I love Asian flavours so if you do too, check out a few others by clicking here.
Keto Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs and Salad
- 500 grams chicken thigh
- 4 spring onions
- 2 red chillis
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 small carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 lebanese cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 wombok cabbage shredded
Vietnamese Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 small red chilli thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roughly chop all meatball ingredients. In a food processor or powerful blender, blend all meatball ingredients together until the chicken is broken down. It's ok to have slightly larger pieces of chicken.
- Roll tablespoon balls of the meatball mixture and place on the baking tray about 2cm apart,
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively, you can fry in a large frying pan in coconut oil until cooked through.
- While cooking, prepare your salad by cutting all vegetables as specified above. Whisk together salad dressing ingredients.
- Serve chicken meatballs immediately, tossed through salad and dressing.