This Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff is tasty and easy to prepare . Just 5 minutes of preparation, and 5 minutes at the end gives you a hearty, flavoursome dinner without any fuss.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff?
Stroganoff is de-lish-us. In my opinion anyway.
And in the opinion of anyone I’ve ever made it for!
Traditional stroganoff uses flour which helps thicken the sauce, so by eliminating the flour this dish quickly becomes a keto stroganoff.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff
You will need:
- Beef Chuck Steak or Gravy Beef, or any other fatty cheap cuts of beef
- Brown onion
- Garlic paste
- Sweet paprika
- Dry white wine
- Beef stock/broth
- Tomato paste
- Dijon mustard
- Sour cream
We use carrot, onion and celery as a base to flavour the sauce, but you don’t have to eat these to really keep your carbs down and can stick to the beef, mushrooms and that delicious, creamy sauce.
The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of dry white wine, which I definitely recommend is included.
I have been buying the small canned wine lately, which solves the issue of opening a bottle of wine for 1/2 cup and then feeling like you may as well drink the bottle!
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
I pair this with my deliciously simple cauliflower mash, and can eat this for days reheated.
Beef: As we are slow cooking this Keto Stroganoff, I will usually use chuck steak or gravy beef – those chunky, fatty cuts that are tough unless slow cooked.
If you were adapting this recipe to the stove top, I suggest using a rump steak thinly sliced instead.
You could also make it as Keto chicken stroganoff using chicken thighs instead and reducing the cooking time for 3 – 4 hours.
Even if you don’t like mushrooms usually, give them a go in this stroganoff!
Probably one of the most essential flavours is the paprika. I personally like to use sweet smoked paprika, but you could go for just sweet paprika as well.
Tips for making Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff
- CHOP VEGETABLES The morning prior to serving, chop all vegetables as above and cut the meat into 1 inch cubes.
- PREPARE SAUCE Combine all sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- ADD OTHER INGREDIENTS Add the onion, carrot and celery to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the sliced mushrooms on top, followed by the beef.
- POUR THE SAUCE Pour the prepared sauce on top and cook on low for 8 hours.
- STIR When ready to serve, gently stir through the sour cream and let sit for 5 minutes with the lid off the slow cooker.
- KEEP IT KETO To keep this keto friendly, leave out the carrot and onion when serving.
A note about beef stock
I am a big believer in using homemade stock or broth whenever possible. Read about the benefits of making your own in my post, 7 Reasons to Include Bone Broth in your Keto Diet. It takes the flavour to the next level compared to the store bought stuff.
- Fridge: If you prepare in bigger batches of this dish, you can store the stroganoff in the fridge for up to 3 – 5 days.
- Freezer: Keto stroganoff is freezer-friendly and can be stored up to 3 months. You can defrost it on the kitchen counter, in your microwave, or by reheating directly in the pot.
How many carbs in Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff has 14 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber per serve, so only 11 gram of net carbs.
SAVE SLOW COOKER KETO STROGANOFF TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff
5 minutes of preparation, and 5 minutes at the end gives you a hearty, flavoursome dinner without any fuss.
- 1 kg Beef Chuck Steak or Gravy Beef, or any other fatty cheap cuts of beef
- 1 brown onion roughly chopped
- 1 carrot roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
The morning prior to serving, chop all vegetables as above and cut the meat into 1 inch cubes.
Combine all sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
Add the onion, carrot and celery to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the sliced mushrooms on top, followed by the beef.
Pour the prepared sauce on top and cook on low for 8 hours.
When ready to serve, gently stir through the sour cream and let sit for 5 minutes with the lid off the slow cooker.
To keep this keto friendly, leave out the carrot and onion when serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!