Keto Chilli is amaazzzinnnggg. I have raved about Mexican food being perfect for Keto before, and this is the ultimate example.
Inject maximum flavour into some naturally fatty mince then top with all the Keto friends – guacamole, cheese and sour cream!
You can use whatever mince meat you want for this Keto chilli but pork and beef are my favourites.
A mix of both is even better. It gets a meaty flavour from the beef, but a great creamy consistency from the pork.
Traditional chilli isn’t hugely popular here in Australia, and I’ve never understood why!
It is a simple to prepare dish, yet full of flavour and is customisable depending on your tolerance for spice.
When you add all of the fixings featured, it combines the richly spiced meat with a fresh burst from guacamole and sour cream, plus delectable melted cheese that no one can resist.
This Keto chilli leaves out the beans for a heavenly keto dinner. You could easily use beans in this dish for a non-keto family meal, or serve with rice on the side of partner/children who don’t eat keto.
I am all about only making one meal but adjusting it slightly for others who aren’t eating Keto.
While I defnitely think EVERYONE should be eating a Ketogenic diet, I’m not going to force them! Enjoy your diabetes (kidding.. kind of)
This delicious Keto Chilli is even better left overs for lunch the next day, the whole office will be jealous of your keto lunch. Nothing beats Mexican.
This is a set and forget keto chilli in the slow cooker – set it up in the morning or night before and come home to Mexican feast.
Alternatively, you can also cook it on the stove top to speed things up. The flavours will still be delicious, but sometimes a little less intense.
Stove top Keto Chilli Instructions
All ingredients are the same as the main recipe below.
In a large saucepan or frying pan, add the olive oil and crushed garlic and place of medium heat.
Once starting to become fragrant, add the onion and saute lightly. After 2 – 3 minutes, add the mince meat and cook until brown.
Add all remaining ingredients and mix to thoroughly combine. Simmer away until the sauce is thickened to your liking, usually around 20 minutes.
It tends to stay a little more runny cooking it this way but no problem in my books
Serve with all the toppings!
Other Keto Mexican Dishes
If you’re looking for some other Keto mexican dishes, check out these favourites:
Keto Mexican Chilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 500 grams mince meat I prefer pork but beef also works well
- 1 small red capsicum deseeded and diced
- 1 stick celery roughly diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli flakes less or more depending on your tolerance for chilli!
- 1 400gram tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 small red onion diced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup tasty cheese grated
- 1 stalk coriander optional
- Prepare either night before or morning of cooking. In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and crushed garlic and place of medium heat. Once starting to become fragrant, add the onion and saute lightly. After 2 - 3 minutes, add the mince meat and lightly brown. It's ok if there's still a few pink areas. Meanwhile, in the slow cooker, combine the capsicum, celery, spices, tin tomatoes and tomato paste. Pour the par-cooked meat into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Add 1 cup of water and set to medium heat for 8 hours. At the end of the 8 hours, mash the avocado and combine with red onion and lime juice. Serve this quick guacamole atop a bowl of the chilli with sour cream and grated cheese, and fresh coriander if using.