This Keto Creamed Kale is the perfect side dish to any meal and a great way to get extra fats in.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Super Simple Cheesy Keto Creamed Kale Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Super Simple Cheesy Keto Creamed Kale?
A super simple, nutrient and fat loaded side dish that only takes 10 minutes is the perfect keto accompaniment! Kale is so full of nutrients, and although it is a little higher carb than some other veggies, the nutrients well and truly make up for it.
Ingredients for Super Simple Cheesy Keto Creamed Kale
You will need:
- Dijon mustard
- Tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
This is a super simple recipe, and quite flexible according to what you have in the fridge.
Ive made it with spinach instead of Kale before and it’s just as yummy and lower carb.
I’ve also thrown in any scraps of cheese floating around the fridge with great results, especially with little squares of parmesan and camembert that need to be used up.
If you don’t have cream, you can also use a bit of cream cheese instead. Basically if it’s creamy or cheesy, throw it in!
Tips for making Super Simple Cheesy Keto Creamed Kale
- MELT AND HEAT In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- SAUTE Add the kale and saute for 2 – 3 minutes until the kale is wilted.
- ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 3 – 5 minutes until done to your liking. I prefer mine with a little crunch left in it!
- Fridge: Just put it in an air tight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Freezer: as Kale is cruciferous this will change in texture if frozen. It won’t be the end of the world as a side dish but I suggest keeping it fresh.
How many carbs in Super Simple Cheesy Keto Creamed Kale?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Keto Creamed Kale has 4 grams of carbs.
You can reduce the carbs further by using spinach instead of Kale as well.
SAVE SUPER SIMPLE CHEESY KETO CREAMED KALE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
I love serving this with roast meat especially, such as;
Cheesy Keto Creamed Kale
A 10 minute side dish loaded with keto loving fats and nutrients from kale.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 140 grams kale washed and torn
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the kale and saute for 2 – 3 minutes until the kale is wilted.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 3 – 5 minutes until done to your liking. I prefer mine with a little crunch left in it!
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!