This whole roasted cauliflower is easier than you think, and has some IMPRESSIVE flavours. Paired with a nutty crunchy topping and tahini sauce, you will impress your guests with this one.
1. In a small bowl, combine the spices for the spice mix.
2. Add the melted ghee and stir to combine. Set aside. (You will need 2 tsp for the nut topping and the rest is used to brush the cauliflower)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
2. Remove the outer leaves and the stem from the cauliflower. Place it in a heatproof bowl and cover
with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 8-10mins until it is tender. If you prefer not to use a
microwave you could also steam it
3. While the Cauliflower is in the microwave, prepare the spice mix
4. Once the cauliflower is tender remove from the bowl and place it on an oven proof tray, lined with non-stick paper
5. Brush the spiced ghee mixture all over the outside of the cauliflower. I found this was easy with a pastry brush
6. Place the cauliflower in the oven and cook until golden brown all over, approximately 30 mins
7. While the cauliflower is in the oven prepare the nut mix and tahini sauce
8. Remove the cauliflower from the tray and place on your serving dish
1. Take 2 tsp of the spiced ghee mixture and heat in a small frying pan/skillet over a medium heat for 1-2 mins or until fragrant.
2. Add nuts and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes to toast the nuts, stirring regularly to make sure they don't burn.
3. Set nuts aside.
1. In a small bowl, combine the tahini, garlic powder and lemon juice, stir until mixture is completely combined.
2. Add the chilled water 1 tbsp at a time and mix, until sauce is the desired thickness. We like it to be creamy but still thick so it is spreadable and not too runny.
3. Add the chopped coriander leaves and set aside.
1. On your serving plate, spread the sauce evenly in a circle. You will want the sauce spread to be slightly bigger than the cauliflower.
2. Place the whole roasted cauliflower in the middle of the sauce. Top with the spiced nuts and sprinkle them around the outside of the sauce also. Garnish with additional coriander leaves if desired.