I never appreciated eggplants properly until I fell in love with Greek cooking! When cooked well, they become buttery, soft and so moreish. They work beautifully roasted and warm, grilled or baked then cooled in a salad like in this Keto Eggplant Salad.
I’d suggest using smoke almonds if they are easy to get – they add a beautiful complexity to the flavour, but this is just as delicious with normal roasted almonds or even raw almonds.
While you wouldn’t normally want to spend 40 minutes on a salad, it is mostly passive time with the eggplant baking. It’s perfect to get in the oven while you are cooking something else. I think this Keto Eggplant Salad would be perfect made into a larger batch and taken to a summer barbeque!
Keto Eggplant Salad
- 1 cup continental parsley
- 1/3 cup smoked or roast almonds roughly chopped
- 8 mini roma tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F.
- Dice the eggplant into 1cm chunks. Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and place in a small baking dish. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until tender and caramelised, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the almonds and halve the cherry tomatoes. Combine sauce ingredients.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, let it cool slightly then toss with remaining salad ingredients. Dollop minted yoghurt dressing on top and serve warm or cold.