My new Keto Mustard Chicken recipe is one of those recipes where pictures don’t do the flavours justice. I love dijon mustard, and combined with the natural sweetness in rosemary and some seeded mustard as well, this dish is next level yum.
I like to serve this with cauliflower mash/puree – the creamy, buttery texture of a heavily blended cauli mash is the perfect accompaniment to soak up all the delicious butter mustard sauce. Here’s my recipe for the best cauliflower mash you’ll ever taste.
You could also serve this with steamed broccoli or broccolini tossed in butter for an even quicker meal.
Using chicken breasts is often touch and go, as they are naturally dryer than chicken thighs so you need to watch the cooking carefully. I always prefer to use a meat thermometer to pull them out when they are perfectly cooked, in this case just on 70 degrees C gives you tender and juicy chicken.
Keto Mustard Chicken with Rosemary
- 2 chicken breasts evenly sized
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F and grease a small baking tray.
- Pat dry the chicken breast and put in the baking tray. Combine all ingredients except the butter and whisk together in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and turn to coat evenly.
- Place in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, checking with a meat thermometer after 25 minutes. Remove once they reach 70 degrees C and let rest for 3 - 4 minutes.
- While resting, put the 1 tablespoon of butter into the pan juices and whisk to combine.
- Serve sliced chicken breast topped with mustard sauce, and accompanied by cauliflower mash or steamed broccoli tossed in butter.