Simple snacks and lunches are the best kind in my house and these Keto Ham Zucchini Muffins are on constant rotation! I want something for lunch that I can grab out of the fridge or freezer in the morning, chuck it in a container and off I go.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Ham & Zucchini Muffins Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Ham & Zucchini Muffins?
These Keto Ham Zucchini Muffins fit the bill of a Keto grab and go breakfast that you can make in advance.
Keto savoury muffins also make a great snack or lunchbox treat!
Ingredients for Keto Ham & Zucchini Muffins
You will need:
- Parmesan cheese
- Sour cream
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Salt and pepper
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
In trying to keep the carbs down, I have limited the almond flour to 1 cup across 12 muffins so they are definitely quite moist from the zucchini.
If you wanted them with a drier texture, you could increase the almond flour to 1 1/2 cups, or squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini.
Ain’t no one here got time for that! 🙂 You can see how moist they are in this photo, so if you’d prefer a drier keto savoury muffin then increase the almond flour or squeeze the zucchini.
I cooked these for 35 – 40 minute to get a nice crispy top, and using silicone cup cake moulds made clean up quick and easy. You could try some different add ins like oregano, basil, paprika, or bacon instead of the ham.
I have been using pre-cut ham from Aldi lately but any ham will do.
This is great recipe to use up whatever is left in your fridge at the end of the week around cheese, sour cream, bacon or ham and veggies.
Nothing is stopping you from putting some broccoli or cauliflower in there as well!
I have also tried these Keto Ham Zucchini Muffins for breakfast, with an egg and some bacon to soak up all of the runny yolks and it was a delicious addition. They also freeze really well.
You could also substitute the parmesan for another hard cheese of choice. I love the crispy bits the parmesan gives.
Tips for making Keto Ham & Zucchini Muffins
Here’s the step-by-step cooking instruction
- PREHEAT OVEN Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners if you have them.
- MIX INGREDIENTS In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated zucchini, cheese, ham, eggs and sour cream until well mixed.
- MIX OTHER INGREDIENTS In a separate smaller bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, ensuring you break down any lumps in the almond flour and distribute the baking powder evenly.
- COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS Combine the wet and dry ingredients and distribute across the 12 muffin tins.
- BAKE Bake in the preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving or freezing.
Fridge: You can store these in the fridge for around a week. As they are quite moist, I like to put some paper towel in an air tight container to stop them getting too soggy.
Freezer: I regularly freeze these muffins so I have an easy breakfast to grab and go around a busy work schedule. Wrap 2 in aluminium foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge and reheat in the microwave, or even better in the oven for a crispy finish.
How many carbs in Keto Ham & Zucchini Muffins
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Keto Ham & Zucchini Muffins has 3 grams of carbs and 1 grams of fiber per serve. This equates to 2 grams net carbs.
SAVE KETO HAM & ZUCCHINI CHEESE BAKE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners if you have them.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated zucchini, cheese, ham, eggs and sour cream until well mixed.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, ensuring you break down any lumps in the almond flour and distribute the baking powder evenly.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and distribute across the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving or freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!