While these keto bounty bars are quick and easy, my favourite thing about them is that they store well in the freezer. If I make a big batch of something that perishes quickly, I eat it quickly even when I know I shouldn’t!
Keeping these tasty treats in the freezer means I have to take it out about 30 minutes before I want to eat it, which is enough time to get that full feeling after dinner and avoid a binge.
They store well in the fridge too, but can be a little bit too tempting…
This recipe uses coconut butter, which you can make easily using my 5 minute recipe here.
- 3 cups dessicated coconut, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons powdered xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 270ml can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, just a pinch!
- 80 grams dark chocolate, 80 - 90%, unsweetened
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F. Sprinkle the dessicated coconut on a cookie tray and toast for 5 - 6 minutes until lightly golden.
- Combine the warm coconut in a large mixing bowl with the xylitol, vanilla, coconut cream, coconut butter and salt. Stir to ensure it is evenly combined and the coconut butter has melted from the heat of the coconut.
- Line a brownie/baking tin of approximately 15cm x 20cm. Press the coconut base firmly into the tin (I find using hands is easiest!)
- Refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate top. In a small microwave safe bowl, place the dark chocolate, coconut butter and cocoa powder. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each. Generally this will be almost completely melted after 1 minutes.
- Spread evenly over the coconut base and refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours until completely firm. Cut into squares.
- If freezing, store between sheets of baking paper in an air tight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 11gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g