My FAVOURITE keto breakfast is here! I don’t know about you, but I sure don’t have time/energy/motivation to cook breakfast every morning. These coffee chia seed puddings can be made ahead for the entire week and stored in the fridge, and have you full and out the door in 5 minutes!
As the base of this flavour is the coffee, obviously you want the nicest coffee you can get. I use my plunger but you can use instant if you want – but if you wouldn’t drink it, don’t cook with it!
I have also made a delicious Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding recipe if you are looking for something a little sweeter or for dessert.
Keto Coffee Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup black coffee
- 2 - 3 tablespoons xylitol to your taste, I prefer 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 7 - 8 tablespoons chia seeds I prefer white seeds for this recipe but black are fine too
- Brew your coffee to your taste.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the xylitol and coffee, stirring until dissolved completely.
- Add the remaining in ingredients and stir thoroughly to ensure even distribution of the chia seeds.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and check the thickness, adding in 1/2 tablespoon more chia seeds if required. It will thicken further upon refrigeration. Divide into 4 small serving dishes, ramekins or glasses.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.