Who knew it could be so simple? I needed keto coconut butter for a protein bar recipe I was trialling, and after heading to many stored that promised stock on their website, got frustrated and thought why am I not just making this!!
A $3 bag of dessicated coconut and a couple of minutes later, voila I had coconut butter.
This butter will be a thick liquid when you have finished processing it but gets harder upon sitting. You store it in the pantry – never the fridge as it gets rock solid! It’s great for adding extra fats and texture and I have used it in recipes such as my Protein Bars and my Bounty Bars. It can be substituted in most recipes that call for nut butter which makes it great for those with allergies.
Never buy coconut butter again!
- 400 grams dessicated coconut, unsweetened
- Yes, that's all the ingredients!
- Put the coconut in your food processor and turn slowly up to maximum speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and continue blending for a further 3 minutes, scraping down the sides every 30 - 45 seconds to ensure it is blending evenly.
- It will form a thick paste after about 1 1/2 minutes and then loosen up into the 'butter'.
- Pour into an air tight container and store at room temperature - not the fridge as it will get rock solid.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 21 Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g