I am a firm believer that planning ahead is the key to success on the keto diet. Now that I think about it, planning ahead is the key to success in many areas of life! This Keto granola is fantastic to make a quick batch on the weekend and have for breakfast all week.
Keeping organised and always having something on hand to eat is crucial to avoiding carbs, especially at the start of your keto journey. Keep a small bag of this in your desk drawer, in your handbag or in the fridge – wherever you usually reach for a snack when you are short on time.
I serve this with Nudie Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt, but works just as well with any yoghurt – always check the sugar levels though. Coconut yoghurt is really high in fat and low in carbs, so while it is expensive you only need a small amount to feel full.
Keto Granola - Cinnamon Crunch
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut or flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 50 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or paste
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare the nuts as above. Stir all nuts, coconut and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Put the butter, cinnamon and vanilla in a small microwave proof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted and combined.
- Drizzle the butter over the nuts and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour onto the prepared baking tray, spreading out evenly. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.