I am all about simple week night meals at the moment. Tossing everything in a baking tray, into the oven and voila – a delicious, keto approved dinner is on the table! These Keto Lamb Koftas fit the bill, and use cubes of pumpkin and a cauliflower cous cous base to carry the delicious middle eastern flavours all the way through.
Using fresh mint and parsley to garnish really lifts the flavour profile and of course makes it look even more delicious, but this isn’t compulsory if you are wanting to save on cost. Make sure you use a quality lamb mince though, as this really adds to the flavour and good fats found in the meal.
If you wanted to make it even lower carb, you could substitue another vegetable for the pumpkin, such as larger chunks of cauliflower, broccoli or even eggplant would work really well here.
Keto Lamb Koftas with Pumpkin & Cous Cous
Cauliflower Cous Cous
- Fresh parsley and mint leaves
- 100 grams greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the riced cauliflower, spices and flaked almonds. Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly, being careful not to compress it down. Dot the cubed butter over the cous cous.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin and onion with the olive oil and spices. Stir to combine and distribute over the cous cous evenly. Crumble the feta cheese over the vegetables.
- In the same mixing bowl, using your hands, mix the lamb mince with the kofta spices. Shape the mince into walnut sized balls and scatter over the vegetables .
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until the koftas are cooked through and the pumpkin is soft.
- Top with greek yoghurt and fresh parsley and mint.