This easy Keto Chorizo Frittata will take your egg game to a new level. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner – or make ahead for lunches – it sneaks in some broccoli for added greens.
Before you scroll to the recipe, below I’ve tried to answer any questions you may have, including storage tips, sourcing ingredients and substitutions
If you make this recipe please leave a review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Keto Chorizo Frittata with Broccoli Summary
- Ingredient tips
- Recipe tips
- Substitutions and sweetener tips
- Storage tips
- How many carbs in Keto Chorizo Frittata with Broccoli?
Ingredients for Keto Chorizo Frittata with Broccoli
You will need:
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
Broccoli: For those that don’t like broccoli, give this Keto Chorizo Frittata a go and you might start to like it!
After steaming the broccoli, it gets tossed with the chorizo and olive oil to soak up all the delicious flavours.
However if you really don’t like broccoli you could leave it out or substitute with another keto vegetable like mushrooms, a bit of capsicum, spinach leaves, zucchini (although that may go a little soggy).
Parmesan: I like to sprinkle this with parmesan and let it sit, then flip it upside down to serve with the crunchy golden side up.
You could substitute the parmesan in this Keto frittata for any cheese you have on hand and enjoy. I have used tasty cheese, mozzarella and even left over bits and pieces from a cheese platter!
Serve with: Being a nicely complete meal on its own, I find it best served with some simple green salad leaves.
You could also have it as a side dish to compliment a protein like a steak or chicken for an extra high protein meal – great after a big work out or long hike!
Tips for making Keto Chorizo Frittata with Broccoli
- PREHEAT Preheat the grill to maximum heat.
- WHISK Whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, cream and paprika.
- CUT Cut the broccoli into small florets and steam in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes until just tender.
- FRY In a deep oven proof frying pan, add one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Dice the chorizo and add to the hot oil. Fry until golden and crispy.
- ADD BROCCOLI Add the steamed broccoli and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss through until the broccoli has absorbed all of the oil.
- COOK Turn the heat to low and add the egg mixture, ensuring it works its way around all of the broccoli. Cook on low for 10 – 12 minutes until almost set.
- GRILL Top with parmesan cheese and put under the grill for 2- 3 minutes, watching closely, until golden.
- Keto frittata can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheated in the oven or microwave.
- You can also freeze individual portions for up to 2 months for an easy breakfast the next day!
How many carbs in Keto Chorizo Frittata with Broccoli?
As you will see in the nutrition panel below, this Keto Chorizo Frittata with Broccoli has 2 grams of carbs.
SAVE KETO KETO CHORIZO FRITTATA WITH BROCCOLO TO PINTEREST FOR LATER
Other Similar Recipes You Might Like
Keto Lunchbox Omelette – The Perfect Grab & Go Lunch
Keto Prosciutto and Ricotta Tarts
Keto Chorizo Frittata with Broccoli
Using an oven proof frying pan makes this simple frittata a one dish wonder, ready in 25 minutes.
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the grill to maximum heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, cream and paprika.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and steam in the microwave for 2 - 3 minutes until just tender.
- In a deep oven proof frying pan, add one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Dice the chorizo and add to the hot oil. Fry until golden and crispy.
- Add the steamed broccoli and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss through until the broccoli has absorbed all of the oil.
- Turn the heat to low and add the egg mixture, ensuring it works its way around all of the broccoli. Cook on low for 10 - 12 minutes until almost set.
- Top with parmesan cheese and put under the grill for 2- 3 minutes, watching closely, until golden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 291mgSodium: 964mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 14g
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to rate and review it or share on social media! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Not sure how to start Keto?
Here’s some resources to help you!
Just wondering if you have an dairy free alternative/substitution for the cream?
Hi Rebecca, in this particular recipe you could leave out the cream, use a light flavoured coconut cream or buy a lactose free cream.
Hi there with the chorizo fritatta could this go in the oven to cook in a tin I don’t have a fry pan that goes in the oven. Thankyou Meagan
Love all you recipes btw. Thankyou.
Yes no problem at all!
Hi, new to keto. the cream for this recipe (and others) it is your standard thickened cream? or is there a specific keto friendly version I should be looking for?
Hi Gabrielle! Just standard thickened cream is fine.
Can’t wait to try this recipe! However, I’m American and don’t know what you mean when you refer to a grill. Is that the same as an oven broiler here in the states? Thanks very much!
Hi Meredith, yes it’s the same as your broiler 🙂
Awesome dish, I learned more information from your website, Thank You.
Just wondering how many grams a serving is ? Thanks
Hey Simon, I haven’t measured the final weight as the serving just divides it equally into 4 pieces. Very rough calculations in my head would be around 800 grams total, so 200 grams per serve.
Thank you. Making it this afternoon.