Ok. Guys. I cannot get enough of this. I made this Keto Indian Roasted Cauliflower originally to accompany my Keto Rogan Josh recipe, but now I think I might just make it on its own! Why not hey?
The spices add so much flavour to the cauliflower, even my cauli-skeptic husband enjoyed it. I think he was pretty happy with himself that he ate half a plate of cauliflower, even if it did have to be slathered in spice, butter and mint yoghurt! Look at all that flavour, it is making me drool just looking at it.
This Keto Indian Roasted Cauliflower feels surprisingly decadent considering it’s just some cooked cauliflower, spices and almonds. It is rich, satisfying and warms you to the core. Best part? It’s ready so quick, you’ve got no excuse not to!
As always, coriander is optional. With the correct option being LOTS PLEASE. I love coriander and with dishes like this, think it absolutely sings. I’ve read it’s actually a DNA thing whether you like coriander or no – it either tastes amazing, or tastes like soap. So to all you coriander haters, please go sort out your DNA issue. You’re missing out.
The mint yoghurt sauce also adds a whole layer of complexity and freshness to the dish, plus healthy fats, so shouldn’t be skipped! I use Tamar Valley Greek Yoghurt – no added sugar, beautiful taste and low carb.
Keto Indian Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup almonds crushed/smashed up
- 1/3 cup greek yoghurt no sugar!
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F.
- In a dry, oven proof frying pan, add all spices and crushed almonds and toast over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 2 -3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the butter and melt completely, stirring with the spices.
- Add the cauliflower and toss to combine with the spice mixture. Cook in the frying pan for 2 - 3 minutes until just starting to go golden.
- Pour the lemon juice over the top and toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes until crisp - tender. Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt and dried mint.
- Serve topped with coriander and mint yoghurt sauce.