So you want soup, but you want to be full, and you want some spice? Enter Keto Taco Soup! Using all the classic flavours of taco mince, but with some added soupiness makes this a really satisfying meal.
Actual husband quote “When you said we were having soup for dinner, I thought oh great I’m going to be hungry later, but I wasn’t!”. I think he was suitably impressed.
Of course any Mexican inspired meal is not complete without all the toppings, so this Keto Taco Soup usesour cream, guacamole and grated cheese in this. You could some jalapenos for extra spice and spring onion for some crunch if it took your fancy.
This is one of those pure keto meals – Keto Taco Soup has no sneaky carbs, just plenty of lovely fats. Ready quickly, enjoy it for lunch the next day as well!
Mexican lends itself really well to keto if you avoid the tortillas, rice and beans. Check out these two;
Keto Taco Soup
- 1 avocado mashed, or your favourite guacamole
- 8 tablespoons sour cream 2 tbsp per person
- 1 cups grated cheese 1/4 cup per person
- In a large, deep frying pan or heavy based sauce, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the onion. Fry for 1 - 2 minutes until just translucent then add the beef mince.
- Cook for 4 - 5 minutes, breaking the mince down with a wooden spoon until browned all over.
- Meanwhile, combine the spices in a small bowl.
- Add the spices to the browned mine and stir to coat the meat evenly, cooking for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat down to a simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until thickened to your liking. Taste for chilli and salt, adding more as necessary.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream and grated cheese, or reheat the next day for lunch.