I love Chinese flavours, especially when they are fresh and vibrant like in this crunchy Keto Chinese Cabbage Salad.
This easy salad takes some plain old veg and really livens it up with a zesty, flavour packed dressing and lots of texture. This is the only way I can get my husband to eat cucumber, he says it tastes like dirt!
Whereas in this tasty Keto Chinese Salad, it is mixed with that delicious well balanced dressing.
You can throw in other vegetables that you have on hand, just remember to always check those carbs as some vegetables and salad ingredients can have sneaky carbs you might not expect.
Carrots are a good example, with 10% carbs. Sure, you can use a few carrots if you like, just be conscious that the carbs are there.
Best served fresh, or if you having it the next day for lunch, keep the dressing separate until you are ready to eat it.
If you want to add some extra protein, you could incorporate some boiled eggs, chicken or a tin of tuna.
This is one of those dishes that you can serve up ‘feast style’ – prepare everything, layout your Keto Chinese Cabbage Salad, Keto Pulled Pork, Keto Coconut Rice and you have a feast for everyone to dig into.
You could also serve some Keto San Choi Bao for a delicious entree and get everyone excited about what is to come!
If you were making this salad ahead, I’d recommend keeping the dressing and avocado separate until you are ready to serve.
Save this Keto Chinese Cabbage Salad To Pinterest for Later
- 1/4 head chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 4 stalks spring onion, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced, or 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 drops liquid sweetener
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Prepare all salad ingredients as detailed above, and toss to combine in a large serving bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork. Serve poured over the prepared salad, or store the dressing separately until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 678mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g